This update is here to provide access to the Challenger 5 open beta & add support for GLMod dependency.
What is GLMod ?
- GLMod is available in MM (see below for information). It will be deployed after some tests to updated mods like ToU-R and ToR. It will be available with no action on your side.
- Challenger 5 Beta is up, using at the same time GLMod.
- New option in settings allowing to use multiple Among Us instances at the same time.
GLMod (aka Good Loss Mod) is a mod that allows you to have an game history of your games on goodloss.fr. You will be able to see many information such as who killed who, who won, when, etc ...
It's only available for Steam users. To use it, just create an account on https://goodloss.fr/register using Steam (or link your Steam account at https://goodloss.fr/account/steam if you already have a Good Loss account).
After that, just play any mod supporting it. For now, only Challenger Beta does but other popular mods will be added soon (I'll make an announce)
This update reworks entirely the dependencies system. It will allow to combine specific mods in the future.
For example, submerged for mod not including it natively or the Goodloss Mod to collect game stats.
This update is here to provides changes for the installer & a global graphical rework to follow Good Loss graphic chart.
- New icons for mods, servers, credits & settings.
- All little icons have been changed to follow heroicons design, also used on Good Loss.
- News, Faq & Account have been moved as icons on the bottom left of the app.
- The updater now have its own design, also following Good Loss graphic chart.
- Users with local mods that didn't start Mod Manager for a long time were not able to start the app. It's no longer the case.
- Various minor changes.
This update is here to upgrade Mod Manager to dotnet 6 and improve even more how it works with Epic Games Store.
- Mod Manager now requires Dotnet 6.0.7 or higher. The installer automatically does its installation.
- New information label to explain why some mods are missing for Epic users.
- Now, Mod Manager allows the user to use Steam version of the game even if it's badly installed. It was necessary to reinstall Among Us before. Not anymore.
- More information in logs to help solve easily tickets.
- Various fix.
This update is mainly here to adjust how Mod Manager works with Steam and Epic Games Store.
- If Among Us is not installed through Steam, you can no longer select it as launcher.
- New option in settings to choose your Among Us folder between all detected and stored folders.
- New option to add manually an Among Us folder in settings.
- Various optimisations.
This update is mainly here to provide support for Epic Games Store again but also adds a few other changes.
- Mod Manager allows to mod Epic Games Store again (and also Windows Store). But, you will only be able to play mods available for current version of the game. As well, you will have to start vanilla Among Us through Mod Manager.
- Better Crewlink can now be uninstalled.
- Visual changes for settings
- New option to disable automatic minimisation
- New option to choose your launcher (Steam, EGS, ...)
- Various fix
This update is mainly here to rework the compatibility system but also provides some other new stuff.
Now, everyone will be able to play any mod, even outdated ones.
Some older mods like for example the Harry Potter mod or the Thanos mod may make their comeback soon thanks to this functionality ?
- Icons have been reorganised. The entire link is no longer visible. Instead, there is an "i" icon allowing you to access the same page.
- For each mod with an official discord server, it's now possible to join it directly through Mod Manager.
- Some icons have been replaced (discord, favourite, ...).
- Many fix for some visual or minor bugs.
This update is mainly here to fix an issue for Better Crewlink.
- Better Crewlink can be installed through Mod Manager again !
- New section to save your favourite mods.
- Custom icons are back for mods. Please, if you're a modder, send me a file with .ico format so I can put it in.
- Various bug fixes & changes for the API.
This version is mainly here to change Mod Manager's server.
The last year, Mod Manager was running using https://matux.fr/. But it will no longer be the case.
Now Mod Manager has an entire new website: https://goodloss.fr/.
What is Good Loss ?
It's the new team managing Mod Manager. I'm in the team as its creator.
But this group will provide more stuff around Among Us in the future.
It already officially distributes Challenger and provides a new account system with a match history and stats
Currently, it's 80% available.
Some stuff like teams and API documentation are still unavailable and the website itself may need more work to be visible perfectly on mobile devices for example.
How does it affect Mod Manager ?
Almost nothing, it will work as before.
However, this update moved a few things to the website, like News, FAQ & the account system.
Are there other changes in this update ?
Yes, here it is:
Categories have been changed in a better way. "Featured" section includes most popular community mods and featured ones (Challenger). "General" is for frequently updated mods. "Other mods" are mods with less updates but still interesting.
When installing a mod, the total percentage of progress is now directly visible.
Town of Us R is now correctly available with and without Submerged.
Matux.fr Among Us server is no longer updated so it has been removed from Mod Manager servers.
Some texts were still not translated. It's no longer the case.